Hyaluronic acid, to combat wrinkles, can be used in gel for facial filling, in cream or in capsules, and generally shows great results, as it smooths out wrinkles and expression lines caused by age, reduces skin flaccidity and increases the volume of cheeks and lips, for example.
In addition, it can also be used to correct scars after acne, as well as dark circles, and should only be indicated and applied by a dermatologist or plastic surgeon.
How to use hyaluronic acid
Generally, the hyaluronic acid present in the skin decreases with aging, and, therefore, the hydration and elasticity of the skin decreases, which causes the appearance of wrinkles, marks and spots on the skin.
In this way, to rejuvenate the skin, hyaluronic acid can be used through the application of creams, tablets or even injections into the skin.
1. Facial filling with injectable hyaluronic acid
Injectable hyaluronic acid is a product in the form of a gel, indicated to fill wrinkles, furrows and expression lines of the face, usually around the eyes, corners of the mouth and forehead. It is also used to increase the volume of the lips and cheeks and to correct dark circles and acne scars.
- How to apply: Hyaluronic acid should always be applied by a dermatologist or plastic surgeon in dermatology clinics. The professional makes small pricks at the place where the acid is to be applied and uses local anesthesia to decrease the sensitivity and pain of the pricks. This procedure takes an average of 30 minutes, with no hospitalization necessary;
- Results: The results of its application appear immediately after the procedure, and last from 6 months to 2 years, depending on the organism of each person, the amount of gel and the depth and amount of wrinkles.
After applying the acid it is common to experience pain, swelling and hematoma in the area, which usually disappears after a week, however to reduce the discomfort, ice can be applied with a compress for 15 minutes several times a day.
2. Cream with hyaluronic acid
The cream containing hyaluronic acid promotes skin hydration, as it retains large amounts of water, giving the skin a firm and smooth appearance. This product should be used by men and women over 45 years of age.
- How to apply: The cream with hyaluronic acid should be applied directly to the skin, 3 to 4 times a week, and a small amount should be applied over the entire face, after cleaning the skin. Learn how to do it at Steps to clean your skin at home.
- Results: The application of creams with hyaluronic acid have better results in preventing than in the treatment of wrinkles, however, it can be applied when the person already has wrinkled skin, helping to hydrate the skin and giving it a healthier and young.
The application of creams with this acid usually does not cause side effects, however, in some people, an allergic reaction may occur, leading to symptoms such as red or itchy skin and, in such cases, you should suspend its application and consult the dermatologist.
3. Capsules with hyaluronic acid
Capsules or tablets with hyaluronic acid have strong anti-aging power, as they help to repair tissues and maintain skin elasticity, however, they should only be taken at the dermatologist’s indication, as they can also be used to treat eye problems. and bones. Read more at: Hyaluronic acid in capsules.
- When to take: You should take 1 capsule a day with one of the meals, for dinner, for example, and should only be taken during the time indicated by the doctor, and it is usually not taken for more than 3 months.
- Adverse effects: Generally, these pills with anti-wrinkle action do not cause adverse reactions, being safe to take.
In addition, this remedy, in addition to treating, also prevents and delays the appearance of the first wrinkles and the deepest wrinkles, making them thinner, so you can take these pills even before the wrinkles appear.