One of the benefits of almonds is that they help treat osteoporosis, because almonds are very rich in calcium and magnesium, which helps to maintain healthy bones.
Eating almonds can also be a good option for those who want to put on weight because 100 g of almonds have 640 calories and 54 grams of good quality fats.
Almond can also be used to make sweet almond oil which is a great moisturizer for the skin. Learn more at: Sweet almond oil .
Other benefits of almond include:
- Help treat and prevent osteoporosis. See also a great supplement to treat and prevent osteoporosis at: Calcium and vitamin D supplement ;
- Reduce cramps because magnesium and calcium help with muscle contraction;
- Avoid contractions ahead of time in pregnancy due to magnesium. Learn more at: Magnesium in pregnancy ;
- Decrease water retention because despite not being a diuretic food, almonds have potassium and magnesium that help to reduce swelling;
- Decrease high blood pressure because the almond also has potassium.
Almond nutritional information
Although the almond has a lot of calcium, magnesium and potassium, it also has fat and, therefore, not to put on weight, calcium-rich foods should be varied .
|Components||Quantity in 100 g|
|Potassium||622, 4 mg|
|Uric acid||19 mg|
You can buy almonds in supermarkets and health food stores and the price of the almond is approximately 50 to 70 reais per kilo, which corresponds to about 10 to 20 reais per 100 to 200 grams package.
Almond Salad Recipe
The recipe for salad with almonds is not only simple to make, it is a great option to go with lunch or dinner.
- 2 tablespoons of almond
- 5 lettuce leaves
- 2 handfuls of arugula
- 1 tomato
- Cheese squares to taste
Wash all ingredients well, cut to taste and place in a salad bowl, adding almonds and cheese at the end.
Almonds can be eaten raw, with or without shell, and even caramelized. However, it is important to read the label to check the nutritional information and the amount of sugar added.