- Control thirst by eating frozen fruit, sour candy, sucking lemon or pieces of ice;
- Improve the taste of foods by seasoning with aromatic herbs, such as parsley, basil, bay leaf, ginger, or lemon, for example.
- Practice a physical exercise of relaxation, such as yoga, to help you relax;
- Share your problems with other patients with the same disease, on social networks or support groups, to help you cope with the disease;
- Use recipes low in protein, potassium, phosphorus, and salt.
See what you can and cannot eat in kidney failure:
Kidney failure is a disease in which the kidney does not function properly and therefore cannot eliminate toxins from the body, which can lead to symptoms such as weakness, itching or swelling in the body, for example.
Usually, the patient has difficulties in accepting and living with the disease, as well as controlling thirst and enjoying meals because the diet of these patients is very restrictive, being necessary to exclude salt and control the intake of fluids and some minerals, such as potassium, sodium, and phosphorus, for example.
Read more: 15 tips to reduce belly