Antioxidants are important substances for the body because they remove free radicals that arise in chemical reactions and that are related to premature aging, facilitating intestinal transit and decreasing the risk of various diseases, such as cancer or cardiovascular diseases. See more about What Antioxidants are and what they are for .
Some foods rich in antioxidants important to ensure your well-being and health are:
1. Green tea
- Benefit: Green tea, in addition to decreasing the chances of tumors and cancer, helps you lose weight because it speeds up metabolism, slows down aging, facilitates digestion, regulates the intestine and combats fluid and cholesterol retention.
- How to do it: Add 1 teaspoon of green tea in 1 cup of boiling water, let stand for 5 minutes, then strain. Drink 3 to 4 cups a day or take 1 capsule of green tea a day. Learn more about green tea in capsules .
- Benefit: Flaxseed is rich in omega 3, preventing the onset of cardiovascular disease and improving the functioning of the brain. In addition, it helps to reduce the symptoms of PMS and menopause, to lose weight and to fight constipation, cholesterol and blood sugar.
- How to consume: flax seeds can be consumed in their natural form and added to yogurt, juice, salad, soup or pancake.
3. Grape juice
- Benefit: Pink grape juice, in addition to helping to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, helps to strengthen the immune system.
- How to consume: it is advisable to drink 1 to 2 glasses of concentrated grape juice (already diluted) per day to obtain all the health benefits of the grape. You should buy a good quality product and read the correct dilution form on the packaging label.
- Benefit: Tomatoes help to lower the risk of prostate cancer because it is rich in lycopene, but it also decreases fluid retention and reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- How to eat: can be eaten in its natural form, added to salads, for example, in the form of jam or cooked in rice or sautéed. Another good form of consumption is to make tomato juice. To do this, just beat 2 ripe tomatoes in a blender or mixer with a little water and season with salt and bay leaf.
- Benefit: The carrot reduces premature aging and improves the quality of the skin, preventing the early formation of wrinkles or blemishes. In addition, it helps to tan the skin, prevent cardiovascular disease and lose weight.
- How to consume: carrots can be eaten raw, in the form of a toothpick, in salad or cooked in soup or stew, but carrot juice is also a good option.
6. Citrus fruits
- Benefit: Citrus fruits like orange, lemon or tangerine, for example, help to lower cholesterol and control blood sugar, in addition to helping to prevent cancer and playing an important role in iron absorption, preventing anemia.
- How to consume: eat 3 to 5 citrus fruits of about 120 g per day.
It is important to include these functional foods in daily meals to ensure health and prevent the onset of disease.