The swelling in the legs is not only very uncomfortable, making it difficult to move, it also makes the skin more flabby and can even cause inflammation, so it should be treated as soon as possible.
Some simple but very effective steps to combat swelling in the legs and relieve weight in the legs are:
- Raise your legs every day – for at least 10 to 20 minutes, especially at the end of the day, which is when you feel the most swelling;
- Drink 2 liters of fluids every day – especially water or diuretic teas like lemon parsley tea. To make this tea see: Diuretic tea ;
- Drink 1 glass of warm water with lemon juice and ginger before breakfast – this combination is a natural drain;
- Prefer diuretic foods – eat diuretic foods such as celery, spinach, tomatoes, apples, pineapples or strawberries at every meal. See a complete list of these foods at: Diuretic foods ;
- Avoid salt – foods rich in salt favor fluid retention, salt can be replaced by aromatic herbs such as oregano, parsley, thyme or rosemary, for example, to flavor foods;
- Drinking 1 glass of detoxifying juice before bed – helps to eliminate toxins and facilitates hydration, preventing the body from retaining fluids. Find out how to make a good juice at: Detoxifying juice ;
- Practice physical activity every day – mainly exercises like running, walking, cycling or dancing, for example because they favor blood circulation.
If the swelling does not subside in 3 to 5 days, it is important to consult the doctor, to check the cause of the swelling and if necessary to pass some medicine.
Swelling in the legs can be caused by poor blood circulation, hormonal changes, kidney or heart disease, taking the birth control pill and even due to long trips. Therefore, as the swelling has various causes, it is important to know the origin of the swelling to make the best treatment.