Albocresil is a drug that has polycresulene in its composition, which has an antimicrobial, healing, tissue regenerating and hemostatic action, and is formulated in gel, eggs and solution, which can be used in different ways.
Due to its properties, this medicine is indicated for the treatment of inflammations, infections or lesions of the cervical-vaginal tissues, to accelerate the removal of necrotic tissue after burns and for the treatment of thrush and inflammation of the oral mucosa and gums.
What is it for
Albocresil is indicated for:
- Gynecology: Infections, inflammations or lesions of the vaginal tissues (cervical and vaginal discharge caused by bacteria, infections caused by fungi, vaginitis, ulcers, cervicitis), removal of abnormal tissues in the uterus and hemorrhage control after biopsy or removal of uterus polyps;
- Dermatology: Removal of necrotic tissue after burns, speeding up the healing process and cleaning up burns, ulcers, and condylomas and controlling bleeding;
- Dentistry and otorhinolaryngology: Treatment of thrush and inflammation of the oral mucosa and gums.
How to use
Albocresil should be used as follows:
Depending on the pharmaceutical form to be used, the dosage is as follows:
- Solution: The Albocresil solution should be diluted in water at a ratio of 1: 5 and the product should be applied to the vagina with the help of the material that accompanies the medication. Leave the product for 1 to 3 minutes at the application site. The undiluted form is preferably intended for topical application in tissue lesions of the cervix and cervical canal;
- Gel: The gel should be introduced into the vagina with an applicator filled with the product. The application should be done daily or on alternate days, preferably before bed;
- Egg: Insert an egg into the vagina with the aid of an applicator. The application should be done daily or on alternate days, preferably before bed, for the period of time recommended by the doctor, which should not exceed 9 days of treatment.
Cotton wool should be soaked with Albocresil solution or gel and applied over the affected area for a period of about 1 to 3 minutes.
3. Dentistry and Otorhinolaryngology
The concentrated solution or the Albocresil gel must be applied directly to the affected area, with the aid of a cotton swab or cotton. After applying the medication, rinse the mouth with water.
In some cases, the doctor may recommend applying the diluted solution at a ratio of 1: 5 in water.
Possible side effects
Some of the side effects that may occur during treatment with Albocresil are changes in tooth enamel, local irritation, dryness of the vagina, burning sensation in the vagina, removal of fragments of vaginal tissues, urticaria, candidiasis and foreign body sensation in the vagina.
Who should not use
Albocresil should not be used in people who are hypersensitive to the components of the formula, pregnant women, postmenopausal or lactating women and children and adolescents under 18 years of age.