Arginine supplementation is excellent to help in the formation of muscles and tissues in the body, as it is a nutrient that works to improve blood circulation and cell regeneration.
Arginine is an amino acid produced in the human body that participates in various functions of the body, such as improving healing, stimulation of the immune system and muscle performance.
Thus, arginine is an excellent way to nourish the body, as it has the following benefits:
- It is invigorating and helps in the recovery of fatigue and tiredness, as it improves muscle performance;
- It increases the muscles , since it improves the blood flow to the muscles;
- Improves wound healing as it helps in tissue formation;
- Helps in the elimination of toxins from the body , as it helps in the action of the liver;
- It helps in the treatment of sexual dysfunction , because it improves blood circulation throughout the body;
- Improves immunity as it stimulates the production of defense cells;
- Strengthens and moisturizes the hair , as it increases the formation of keratin.
In addition, arginine also improves the beauty of the hair, strengthening the strands and making them brighter. But to achieve all these benefits, you should increase your intake of arginine-rich foods or follow supplementation of approximately 8 grams per day, with the guidance of your doctor or nutritionist.
Where to find arginine
Arginine can be found in capsule or powder form, and can be purchased ready-made or handled at pharmacies. There are also foods rich in arginine, which are easily found and are a great natural source of this amino acid, such as cheese, yogurt, nuts and nuts. See the full list of arginine-rich foods .
It is very common to use this amino acid by athletes, to improve performance and muscle recovery, and also by people with poor nutrition or who have a low protein diet, to make up for the lack of them in the body.
It can also be taken alone or combined with other nutrients such as selenium, vitamin A or omega 3, for example. However, arginine should be avoided in cases of cold sores infection, as the virus can interact with arginine, causing disease activation.
How to use arginine to improve healing
A good way to improve healing with arginine is to use capsules 2 or 3 times a day, without exceeding the recommended dose of 8 grams per day. In addition, it can also be used on wounds in the form of ointments, as the skin will absorb arginine, which will have an effect on that spot.
Arginine is good for wound healing because:
- Stimulates the secretion of hormones responsible for accelerating the healing of body tissues;
- Helps in the construction of new cells , as it is a component of collagen;
- It has anti-inflammatory action, which improves the skin conditions for healing and reduces the risk of infection;
- It improves circulation, which allows more blood gets oxygen to nourish the cells.