In the baby’s diet, it is possible to add fish at 9 months, rice and pasta at 10 months, legumes like beans or peas at 11 months, for example, and from 12 months on, the baby can be offered egg white.
Some practical tips for using new foods can be:
- Fish (9 months) – initially, the fish should be introduced into the vegetable soup and gradually integrated into the dish in slightly less crushed pieces. It is important that at first the fish are as thin as hake or sole, for example. The amount of fish per meal will never exceed 25 g per day, and should be eaten at one of the main meals, keeping the meat at the other meal. See Baby food recipes for 9-month-old babies .
- Rice and pasta (10 months) – Bago rice and pasta such as little stars and letters, for example, can be added to the vegetable puree in small quantities and very well cooked.
- Pea, beans, or grain (11 months) – can be mixed in the vegetable puree in small quantities, well cooked and crushed or just made of peas puree, for example.
- Egg white (12 months) – the whole egg can be added to the baby’s diet after 12 months, up to 2 times a week. The egg should be used as a substitute for meat or fish.
Although babies do not yet have molar teeth at this age, they already chew the food with their gums, giving them harder food to massage the gums but it is important to be careful when the food dissolves so that the baby does not choke.
Recipe for baby with 9-12 months
The following is an example of a recipe that can be given to the baby between 9 and 12 months.
Lettuce puree with hake
- 20 g of hake without bones
- 1 potato
- 100 g of lettuce leaves
Peel, wash, and dice the potato. Wash the lettuce and then cook in a pan with boiling water along with the potato for 15 minutes. Add the hake and cook for another 5 minutes. Drain excess water and grind with the help of a magic wand. If you don’t have a soft puree, you can add 2 teaspoons of baby’s milk. See the other 4 recipes for babies with 10 months .