Lemon is a very versatile fruit, which can be used both as a seasoning in various meat or fish dishes, as well as in the preparation of desserts or juices rich in vitamin C. Each 100 grams and lemon has only 26 calories, and its benefits can be obtained using its juice or peel zest, rich in essential oils.
Lemon helps to improve immunity, so it is a great ally to fight colds and flu, especially when used in the preparation of tea with honey, for example. In addition, using lemon has other benefits that include:
- It helps to treat constipation , as it stimulates the intestine, especially if taken with warm water while fasting;
- Detoxify the body , helps to lose weight and improves the appearance of the skin;
- Protect the organs from degenerative diseases and infections like candidiasis, as it decreases the acidity of the blood. Understand more about this subject by clicking here ;
- Accelerate the healing process , as it is rich in vitamin C;
- Decrease swelling and blood pressure, due to its diuretic properties;
- Relieve gout pain or rheumatism , due to its anti-inflammatory properties;
- Prevent premature aging , as it is rich in antioxidants;
- Prevent some types of cancer because it has functional elements known as limonoids.
- Treat anemia as it increases the absorption of iron from plant foods when consumed during meals.
In addition, lemon essential oil can be used in burners or air fresheners to scent and purify the air, especially in cases of respiratory problems or infections.
Lemon Nutritional Information
The best way to get all the benefits of the lemon is by using its juice or its pulp, and its grated skin, which where the essential oils of this fruit are concentrated, should also be used.
|Nutritional information||Amount per 100 g of lemon|
|C vitamin||34,5 mg|
Because lemon is versatile, it also has other less common applications, and can be used to remove fats from the sink, stove or countertops, also preventing the development of microorganisms due to its acidity.
Although sour the lemon is a great ingredient to prepare delicious desserts and detox juices
1. Lemon Juice with Pear
This juice stimulates digestion and has a laxative effect that helps in the treatment of constipation, also helping to purify and detoxify the body.
- 1 lemon juice;
- 1 pear cut into cubes;
- 2.5 cm of fresh ginger root;
- Half cucumber cut into cubes.
Beat all the ingredients in a blender and serve with some ice cubes. This can be drunk every day and preferably in the morning, on an empty stomach.
2. Tea with the lemon peel
This tea contains the essential oils of lemon that has a purifying effect, besides being delicious to take after a meal, for example.
- Half a glass of water
- 3 cm of lemon peel
Boil the water and then add the lemon peel. Cover for a few minutes and then take, still warm, without sweetening.
3. Strawberry lemonade
- juice of 2 lemons
- 5 strawberries
- 1/2 glass of water
Beat the ingredients in a blender and then take them without sweetening.
4. Lemon juice with orange
- 2 oranges
- 1 lemon
- 100 ml of sparkling water
Squeeze the orange and lemon in a juicer and mix this natural juice with sparkling water and take it next. This is a great version of natural soda.
In addition, the lemon prevents the oxidation of other fruits, and can be added to other fruits such as apple, pear, banana or avocado, or even in the fruit salad, in order to prevent its oxidation.