Pineapple is a tropical fruit from the citrus family, such as orange and lemon, which are rich in vitamin C and other antioxidants, essential nutrients to ensure health.
This fruit can be consumed fresh, dehydrated or in the form of preserves, being added in various preparations such as juices, desserts and sweets. When in canned or dehydrated form, preference should be given to pineapple without added sugar.
Regular consumption of pineapple has the following health benefits:
- Act as anti-inflammatory , as it is rich in bromelain;
- Prevent heart disease and cancer, as it is rich in vitamin C;
- Reduce the risk of thrombosis , as it contains bromelain and antioxidants;
- Relieve joint pain by acting as an anti-inflammatory;
- Help in weight loss , being rich in water and fibers, which increase satiety;
- Improve skin and hair health , as it contains vitamin C and beta-carotene;
- Reduce post-workout muscle pain as it is anti-inflammatory and promotes muscle recovery.
To obtain these benefits, you should consume a thick slice of pineapple a day, which weighs about 80 g.
In addition, pineapple can be used as a meat tenderizer, as it is rich in bromelain, an enzyme that is found mainly in the stem of this fruit and that breaks down meat proteins. See natural recipes that fight bad digestion .
The following table provides the nutritional information for 100 g of fresh pineapple.
|Quantity: 100 g|
|Energy: 48 kcal|
|Carbohydrates: 12.3 g||Potassium: 131 mg|
|Proteins: 0.9 g||Vitamina B1: 0.17 mg|
|Fat: 0.1 g||Vitamina C: 34,6 mg|
|Fibras: 1 g||Calcium: 22 mg|
Pineapple can be consumed as a dessert for main meals, and can also be used in fruit salads, pies, vegetable salads or as an accompaniment to the main dish.
Pineapple Fit Cake
- 1 this
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon light curd
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of oat bran
- 1 tablespoon of skimmed milk powder
- 1/2 packet of pineapple powdered juice with ginger, preferably unsweetened
- 1 coffee spoon of baking powder
- Vanilla essence to taste
- 4 tablespoons skimmed milk powder
- 100 ml of skimmed milk
- 1/2 packet of pineapple juice powder with ginger (the same used for pasta)
- 1 dessert spoon of pineapple zero gelatin
- Diced pineapple to cover
Beat the egg with a fork or an electric mixer until very creamy. Add the other ingredients and mix well until smooth. Place the dough in a microwave-safe container and in the desired shape of the cake, taking it to the microwave for about 2:30 minutes or until the dough starts to come off the edges.
For the topping, mix all the ingredients until they form a cream, placing on the cake batter. Then add the chopped pineapple to cover.
Light pineapple mousse
- 1/2 chopped pineapple
- 100 ml water to cook the pineapple
- 2 tablespoons culinary sweetener
- 500 ml skimmed milk
- 135 ml of warm water
- 1 packet of unsweetened pineapple gelatin
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
Boil the chopped pineapple in the water with the culinary sweetener for about 6 minutes. Dissolve gelatin in warm water and beat in a blender with milk and vanilla essence. Add the pineapple to the gelatin mixture and take it to the blender, giving small pulses to mix without crushing everything. Place in a container with the desired shape of the mousse and take to the refrigerator until hard.