The diet to have a healthy brain must be rich in fish, seeds and dried fruits because these foods have omega 3, which is an essential fat for the proper functioning of the brain.
So, some of the best brain foods can be:
- Green tea: stimulates the brain and therefore helps to be more alert.
- Salmon: is one of the richest fish in omega 3 that accelerates brain responses and improves learning ability.
- Dark chocolate: just one square a day, after lunch or dinner, to improve brain oxygenation and give a sense of well-being.
- Sunflower seeds: rich in vitamin E, which is an excellent antioxidant that protects brain cells and decreases the negative effects of stress avoiding exhaustion and mental tiredness.
- Tomato: in addition to the antioxidant lycopene there is also fisetin, a substance that helps to reduce forgetfulness.
- Pumpkin seeds: they have magnesium, which is a mineral that increases the capacity for learning and memory.
- Brewer’s yeast: it has vitamin B that improves the conditions for the transmission of information from neurons, improving memory capacity.
- Brussels sprouts, cauliflower or broccoli: they are cruciferous vegetables that have sulforaphanes, a substance that is an excellent antioxidant to prevent and prevent the death of brain cells, neurons.
- Milk: contains tryptophan which, in addition to helping to improve brain performance, also helps to have a more peaceful sleep, which is essential to store the information learned.
- Egg: it has vitamin B12 which is very important for the formation of the components of the cells of the brain improving its functioning helps to increase acetylcholine which is an important substance for the memorization functions.
These foods should be eaten every day and so a good example is to drink green tea throughout the day, put sunflower and pumpkin seeds in the breakfast granola, eat salmon for lunch with cooked broccoli and 1 square of chocolate at the end , add brewer’s yeast to the snack juice, eat egg with tomato salad for dinner and before bedtime drink 1 glass of milk.
In addition, to have a good brain function it is important not to spend many hours without eating, as the brain is easily without energy, drink 1.5 to 2 liters of water a day, because if the body is dehydrated the brain does not work well , and avoid alcoholic beverages, which are toxic to the brain.