Celery, also called celery, is a vegetable widely used in various recipes for soups and salads and can also be used as a home remedy to lose weight and to treat kidney disorders. Each 100 grams has only 21 calories and this vegetable is an excellent natural diuretic.
Celery has several health benefits due to its diuretic, expectorant, laxative, tonic properties and is rich in flavonoids, vitamins and minerals that strengthen immune defenses and metabolism. As a diuretic, celery eliminates toxins accumulated in the body, combats swelling and helps you lose weight. Celery is rich in water, potassium, sodium, calcium, phosphorus, iron and vitamins B and C.
In addition to celery and celery, this vegetable is also known as celery, marsh celery, marsh celery, celeriac, stalk celery, and parsley.
What is Celery for
Celery is excellent for lowering cholesterol, purifying the body, losing weight, fighting diabetes, preventing constipation, lack of appetite, gall bladder, kidney stone, gout, cystitis, rheumatism, anemia, nephritis, hepatitis, viruses , wounds, hoarseness, phlegm, dysentery, anorexia, digestive problems, stomach pain, jaundice, delayed menstruation, gas, breast engorgement, uric acid.
Recipes with Celery
There are several recipes where you can add celery. Some of them are in meatballs, creams, sauces or soups, salads and roasts, as in empadinhas and empadão, for example. Celery can also be used sliced in raw salads and to prepare tea or juice.
- Chopped celery stems and leaves
- garlic, onion and olive oil
- season with salt and pepper to taste
Add the garlic, onion and oil and after browning, add the celery and let it brown for a few minutes. Add a little water, season to taste and put the fire out. Consume right away.
Chicken pate and celery stalks
- celery stalks cut into thin 10 cm strips
- 200g of cooked and shredded chicken breast
- 1 chopped onion
- parsley to taste
- 1 cup of plain yogurt (125g)
Mix chicken, yogurt, onion and chopped parsley until it forms a pate. Arrange this pate on a celery stick and eat next. It is a very healthy, nutritious and delicious pate recipe, which can serve as a starter, before the main dish.
Carrot cream with celery
- 4 carrots
- 1 celery stalk, with or without leaves
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Cut all the ingredients and place in a pan with enough water to cover everything. Bring to a boil until the vegetables are well cooked, add the spices to taste and blend in a blender. Take still warm, as a starter. This recipe is also a great idea for babies, having a very pleasant taste.
- 20 grams of any part of the celery
- 1 cup boiling water
Put the celery in the boiling water, cover, let it warm, strain and drink next.
How to use celery as a home remedy
- Against stomach acidity: Pass the celery leaves or stalks through the centrifuge and take this concentrated juice when necessary.
- High utic acid: Take celery tea 3 times a day;
- Release the phlegm: Pass the celery leaves or stalks through the centrifuge and take this concentrated juice with 1 spoon of honey daily.
- Hoarseness: Gargling celery tea.
- Chilblains: Knead the celery leaves with a pestle until a paste is formed. Apply the paste to the chilblain 3 times a day until it disappears.
Nutritional information of celery
|Components||Quantity per 100 g of celery|
|Vitamin B3||0,3 mg|