Feeding in pregnancy if it is rich in sugars and fats can determine whether the baby will be obese, in childhood and in adulthood because the excess of these substances can alter the baby’s satiety mechanism, which makes him more hungry and eats more than necessary.
What to avoid during pregnancy
When feeding during pregnancy it is important to avoid foods such as:
- Fried foods, sausages, snacks;
- Cakes, cookies, filled cookies, ice cream;
- Artificial sweeteners;
- Product diet or light ;
- Soft drinks;
- Coffee and caffeinated drinks.
In addition, alcoholic beverages are even prohibited during pregnancy because they can cause delay in the development and growth of the baby.
To control weight during pregnancy, read:
- What to eat to maintain weight during pregnancy
- What pregnant women should eat to not put on weight