To have a healthy diet, some simple tips to follow are to drink plenty of water, avoid sweets and fried foods, reduce the consumption of alcoholic beverages and balance the amount of carbohydrates, proteins and fats throughout the day.
Healthy eating brings health benefits such as better weight control, improved work performance, increased memory and concentration, strengthened immune system, and disease prevention.
How to have a healthy diet
Some simple and easy steps to be taken to have a healthy diet are:
- Eat at least 2 units of fruit a day ;
- Consume vegetables for lunch and dinner;
- Include proteins such as cheese and eggs for breakfast and afternoon snacks;
- Make a varied diet, alternating the fruits and vegetables that are consumed daily, and varying between meat, chicken, and fish as main sources of proteins;
- Drink at least 2.0 L of water per day ;
- Reduce salt consumption, preferring to use natural spices such as garlic, onion, pepper, basil and parsley, and avoiding the use of industrialized diced spices;
- Prefer whole foods , such as whole wheat bread and pasta, as they are rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals;
- Avoid consumption of foods rich in sugar, such as soft drinks, cakes, chocolates, cookies and candies;
- Avoid the consumption of fried foods , such as snacks, pastries, breaded and fried potatoes, preferring good fats such as olive oil, chestnuts, avocado, coconut, chia and flaxseed;
- Avoid consuming processed meats , such as sausage, sausage, ham, bacon, turkey breast and salami.
In addition, it is important to prefer natural and low-processed foods, as they have a greater and better amount of nutrients than processed foods. Avoiding the daily consumption of processed foods is one of the main steps to start a healthy diet. Check out more tips for healthy eating.
Benefits of Healthy Eating
Food plays a very important role in health, bringing benefits such as:
- Give energy , which is essential for walking, thinking, studying or playing, for example;
- Prevent disease, as food has the power to both cause and prevent diseases such as cancer, heart problems and organ malfunction;
- Promote the growth and renewal of tissues , especially bones, skin and muscles;
- Improve performance and concentration , as it favors the proper functioning of memory and the entire nervous system;
- Give more disposition, because the metabolism works better;
- Regulate hormone production and prevent problems such as thyroid disease, insomnia, and infertility.
In order to obtain greater benefits, in addition to food, it is also important to regularly practice physical activity, as exercise contributes to muscle mass gain and fat loss, in addition to increasing the disposition.