Foods to gain muscle mass are rich in proteins such as meat, eggs and legumes such as beans and peanuts, for example. But in addition to proteins, the body also needs a lot of energy and good fats, which are found in foods like salmon, tuna and avocado.
These foods help to give more energy for training and to provide proteins for muscle formation, contributing to generate muscle hypertrophy.
10 foods to gain muscle mass
The best foods to gain muscle mass that cannot be missing from a hypertrophy diet are:
- Chicken: it is rich in protein and easy to be used in both main meals and snacks;
- Meat: all meat is rich in protein and iron, nutrients that stimulate hypertrophy and increase the amount of oxygen in the muscles;
- Salmon: in addition to proteins, it is rich in omega 3, a good fat with anti-inflammatory effect, which helps in muscle recovery;
- Egg: in addition to being a great source of protein, it also contains iron and B vitamins, which improve the oxygenation of muscles and promote their growth;
- Cheeses: especially cheeses high in fat, such as mines and rennet, as they greatly increase the calories in the diet and are also rich in protein;
- Peanuts: rich in B proteins and vitamins, in addition to antioxidants that favor muscle recovery in the post-workout;
- Tuna: rich in omega-3 and easy to use, it is a source of good proteins and fats that can be used in snacks or post-workout;
- Avocado: excellent source of calories and good fats, increasing the amount of energy and antioxidants of the bed. It can be added in the lunch salad or in vitamins before or after training;
- Milk: rich in proteins, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium, important minerals to stimulate muscle contraction and increase training performance;
- Beans: great source of vegetable protein, it gets even richer when eaten with rice in main meals, as it provides a good combination of amino acids for the muscles.
The ideal in a diet to gain muscle mass is that all meals have good sources of protein, and it is necessary to include foods such as cheese, eggs, yogurt and meat in snacks. This strategy provides a good amount of amino acids to the muscles throughout the day, favoring hypertrophy. See a complete list at: Protein-rich foods .
Nutritional information of foods for hypertrophy
The following table shows the amount of calories, protein and fat for the 10 foods indicated for hypertrophy:
|Chicken breast||163 kcal||31,4 g||3,1 g|
|Meat, duckling||219 kcal||35,9 g||7,3 g|
|Grilled salmon||242 kcal||26,1 g||14,5 g|
|Boiled egg (1 UND)||73 kcal||6,6 g||4,7 g|
|Minas cheese||240 kcal||17,6 g||14,1 g|
|Peanut||567 kcal||25,8 g||492 g|
|Tuna fish||166 kcal||26 g||6 g|
|Avocado||96 kcal||1,2 g||8,4 g|
|milk||60 kcal||3 g||3 g|
|Bean||76 kcal||4,7 kcal||0,5 g|
These foods are easy to include in your daily diet, and should be consumed along with good sources of carbohydrates, such as rice, whole-grain pasta, fruit and whole grain bread.
Supplements to gain muscle mass
The most used supplements to gain muscle mass are Whey Protein, which is made from whey protein, and Creatine , which is an amino acid compound that works as an energy reserve for the muscle and stimulates its hypertrophy.
It is important to remember that these and other supplements should be consumed according to the nutritionist’s guidance, which will indicate which is the best and how much to use according to the characteristics and type of training of each person. Learn more at: Supplements to gain muscle mass .