Foods to improve memory are fish, dried fruits and seeds because they have omega 3, which is the main component of brain cells facilitating communication between cells and improving memory as well as fruits, especially citrus fruits, and vegetables rich in antioxidants, which protect cells avoiding forgetfulness and facilitating memorization.
In addition, being attentive at the time of memorization is also essential and stimulating foods that increase concentration, such as coffee or dark chocolate, can be useful to facilitate memorization. A cup of coffee in the morning and a square of semi-dark chocolate afterwards and lunch and dinner are enough.
Best memory foods
Some foods to improve memory can be:
- Salmon – as it is rich in omega 3, it helps to improve the performance and functioning of the brain to record information.
- Nuts – in addition to omega 3, they have vitamin E which, because it is an antioxidant, decreases the aging of brain cells avoiding forgetfulness.
- Egg – contains vitamin B12, which helps in the formation of the components of the brain cells making them work properly. In addition, the egg yolk has acetylcholine, which is important for the brain’s memory functions.
- Milk – has tryptophan, which is an amino acid that improves brain performance and also helps to have a more peaceful sleep, essential for storing information.
- Wheat germ – rich in vitamin B6, which helps to regulate the transmission of information between brain cells.
- Tomato – in addition to lycopene, which is an antioxidant, it has fisetin, which is a substance that improves brain function and reduces forgetfulness.
In order for these foods to improve memory, it is necessary to eat 1 of these foods every day for each meal, for example milk for breakfast, salad with tomatoes, nuts and egg for lunch, citrus fruit juice with wheat germ for snack and salmon at dinner. If after 3 months enriching your diet with these foods, your memory does not improve, it is important to consult your doctor.
Test your memory
You can have your memory quickly with this online test that we indicate below. Pay close attention to the image shown and then answer 12 questions about this image. This test only takes a few minutes, but it can be useful to indicate if you have a good memory or if you need any help.
Check also simple strategies that can improve your memory naturally:
- Memory exercises
- 7 Tricks to improve memory effortlessly