Foods that increase fertility are those that help produce sex hormones and stimulate the formation of eggs and sperm, such as foods rich in zinc, vitamin B6, fatty acids, omega 3 and 6 and vitamin E.
Thus, to increase fertility for both men and women, dried fruits, oats, broccoli, fatty fish and sunflower seeds, for example, can be consumed. However, there are also some foods that can decrease fertility and should be avoided, such as coffee, foods with flour and refined sugar, such as cakes and cookies, for example, because large amounts of vitamins and minerals are used to be processed by the decreasing the availability of these nutrients to promote the production of hormones.
Foods to Increase Fertility
To increase fertility through food, it is recommended that foods that are capable of stimulating hormonal production be consumed and, consequently, favor the production and release of viable eggs and sperm. Thus, foods that can help with fertility are:
- Foods rich in zinc , which is an essential mineral in the reproductive health of men and women, such as oysters, meats, dried fruits, egg yolks, rye and oats;
- Foods with vitamin B6 , which together with zinc favors the production of sex hormones, such as cauliflower, watercress, bananas and broccoli, for example;
- Foods with fatty acids and omega 3 and 6 , such as fatty fish and seeds;
- Foods rich in vitamin E , which is essential for improving the health of eggs and sperm, such as sunflower seeds, for example.
These foods should be consumed every day and according to the nutritionist’s guidance, in order to avoid nutritional deficiencies.
Foods to increase man’s fertility
Foods to increase man’s fertility are those rich in chromium, as this mineral is important for making sperm, and it is recommended to consume wholegrain or rye bread, green peppers, eggs and chicken.
In addition, it is interesting that men consume foods rich in vitamin C, such as citrus fruits, for example, as this vitamin protects sperm and helps to increase their number.
What to eat to increase female fertility
In addition to foods rich in zinc, vitamin B6, fatty acids and omega 3 and 6, women should consume antioxidant foods to stimulate the production of sex hormones and egg development, such as:
- Vitamin A or beta-carotene, such as carrots, sweet potatoes, dried apricots, pumpkin and watercress;
- Vitamin C , such as green vegetables, peppers, kiwi, tomatoes and citrus fruits;
- Vitamin E , like dried fruits, seeds, oily fish, avocado, beans and sweet potato;
- Selenium , such as Brazil nuts, sesame seeds, tuna, cabbages and whole grains;
- Zinc , such as meat, fish, oysters, seeds, nuts, eggs and green leafy vegetables;
- Phytonutrients present in fruits and vegetables of all colors, such as red beets, blue blueberries, orange apricots, yellow peppers, pink grapefruits and green leafy vegetables.
In a diet to increase female fertility, you should eat at least five portions of vegetables and fruits of different colors per day, in addition to consuming dried fruits and seeds once a day. See how to do home treatment for women’s fertility.