The seeds help to lose weight because they are rich in fibers and proteins, nutrients that increase satiety and reduce appetite, in good fats that help prevent heart disease and in vitamins and minerals that improve the functioning of the body and strengthen the immune system.
Chia, flaxseed and pumpkin seeds can be added in juices, salads, yogurts, vitamins and in preparations such as beans and purees. In addition, several recipes include these seeds in the production of bread, cakes and pasta, helping to reduce the amount of flour and sugar in these foods and favoring weight loss.
Breakfast – Flax seed
Flaxseed must be crushed before consumption and can be added to milk or juices for breakfast. This seed has the following properties:
- Fibers: help prevent constipation, control glycemia and cholesterol and reduce appetite;
- Proteins: improvement of the immune system;
- Lignans: prevention of breast and prostate cancer;
- Omega-3: prevention of heart disease and cancer, reduction of blood triglycerides and inflammation;
- Phenolic compounds: prevention of aging and reduction of inflammation.
Flaxseed is also used to help control weight and prevent diseases such as type 2 diabetes, liver disease, high blood pressure and rheumatoid arthritis. See more information about Linseed .
Before lunch and dinner – Semente de Chia
A good way to use chia is to add 1 tablespoon in water or natural juice, wait for the seeds to absorb water and get swollen, and drink this mixture about 20 minutes before lunch and dinner, as this will help to decrease hunger and the amount of food eaten at main meals. Chia is rich in nutrients that improve the functioning of the body, such as:
- Omega-3: prevents inflammation and controls cholesterol;
- Fibers: give the feeling of satiety, reduce the absorption of fat and improve the functioning of the intestine;
- Proteins: strengthening the muscles and the immune system;
- Antioxidants: prevent premature aging and cancer.
The chia seed can be found in several different colors, all beneficial to the body, and can be eaten whole, without the need to crush them. See more recipes in Chia lose weight .
Lunch – Quinoa
In the diet, quinoa can be used as a substitute for rice in the main dish or corn and peas in salads, making meals rich in protein and low in carbohydrates, ideal for a slimming diet. Among the benefits of quinoa are:
- Proteins: they give energy to the body and participate in the production of muscles;
- Fibers: fight constipation and give satiety;
- Iron: prevents anemia;
- Omega-3, omega-6 and omega-9: help control cholesterol and prevent heart disease;
- Tocopherol: antioxidants that help prevent aging and cancer.
Quinoa seed is rich in protein and fiber, and can be used as a substitute for rice, which helps with weight loss. The grains must be rubbed by hand under running water until no more foam is formed and the seeds are dried immediately after washing, so that they lose the bitter taste and do not germinate. See more tips on Quinoa lose weight .
Dinner – Pumpkin Seed
Pumpkin seeds can be added whole in soups for dinner, for example. They can also be used in the form of flour and added to beans, and their benefits are increased when the seed is cooked for 10 minutes in boiling water. Its benefits are:
- Omega-3, omega-6 and omega-9: decreased bad cholesterol and increased good cholesterol;
- Tocopherol: antioxidants that prevent aging and cancer;
- Carotenoids: improve the health of the eyes, skin and hair;
- Magnesium and tryptophan: increase the feeling of relaxation and help to lower the pressure;
- Phytosterols: cholesterol reduction
Thus, pumpkin seed helps control cholesterol and blood pressure, diseases that are normally present in people who eat excess weight. See also the benefits of Pumpkin Seed Oil .
Snacks – Amaranto
Amaranth can be eaten boiled, roasted or ground, and can replace wheat flour in the production of cakes and cookies for snacks. It helps the body to function better and its nutrients are:
- Proteins: improvement of the nervous system and strengthening of muscles;
- Fibers: improved intestinal transit and reduced absorption of carbohydrates and fats in the intestine;
- Magnesium: reduced blood pressure and muscle relaxation;
- Calcium: prevention of osteoporosis;
- Iron: prevention of anemia;
- Phosphorus: improvement of bone health;
- Vitamin C: strengthening the immune system.
Amaranth has a greater amount of nutrients when compared to common cereals such as flour, corn, oats and brown rice, and because it contains few carbohydrates, it is a great choice for those who want to lose weight and for diabetics. See more Amaranth benefits .