In menopause, the skin changes and tends to become less hydrated and more flaccid, with a greater tendency to wrinkles due to the decrease of about 30% of collagen, caused by the low production of estrogens in the woman’s ovary. That is why daily care is so important in this phase so that the woman keeps the clean firm and hydrated.
Some important precautions are to increase the consumption of foods rich in collagen such as gelatin and jelly of mocotó, invest in moisturizing creams with collagen, elastin, vitamin C and also in food supplements such as hydrolyzed collagen. Collagen is important because it supports the skin, reducing sagging, fine lines and wrinkles. Here’s how to take hydrolyzed collagen .
Daily care for mature skin
To treat menopausal skin a woman can follow some tips, such as:
- Apply moisturizing cream , such as Avéne, Roc or La Roche, after bathing while the skin is still moist. See a good homemade mask to rejuvenate your skin .
- Use sunscreen with a minimum factor of 15, such as Roc, Avéne or La Roche, to protect the skin from sunlight;
- Apply a tonic lotion , such as RoC, Vichy or Eucerin, on the skin in the morning and at night, as it removes excess fat and balances the pH;
- Make exfoliation of the skin, 2 times a month, with sweet almond oil and sugar, to remove dead skin cells;
- Eat foods rich in vitamin A, C or E , such as oranges, hazelnuts or red fruits, as they help maintain healthy skin. See Foods for perfect skin .
- Drink at least 1.5 liters of water a day.
In addition to this care, the woman can also seek a dermatologist who can recommend other more intense treatments such as Botox injections, filling with hyaluronic acid, chemical peeling, pulsed light treatment, dermabrasion or even plastic surgery to reduce the effects of age on the skin. .