To cure a fast virus, it is important to stay at home and rest, drink at least 2 liters of water and eat lightly, choosing cooked and grilled dishes. In cases of severe viral infection, it may be necessary to use medication to reduce symptoms, such as fever, vomiting and diarrhea.
Virosis is generally more common in children, babies and people with weak immune systems and treatment takes an average of 1 week, with gastroenteritis and the cold being the most common viruses. Learn to identify the symptoms to know if it is a virus or not .
So, some tips that can be followed to cure the symptoms of viral infection faster are:
1. Stay at rest
During a virus, it is important to rest, avoiding efforts, to help the body recover its energies and favor the elimination of the virus. In addition, by staying at home and at rest, there is a reduced risk of transmitting the virus to others.
2. Wash your hands thoroughly
It is also important to wash your hands regularly, because the hands correspond to one of the main forms of disease transmission. Thus, by washing your hands, it is possible to prevent transmission to other people. It is recommended to wash your hands after sneezing and coughing and after using the bathroom.
3. Leave the airy environment
The virus is able to circulate more easily in a closed environment and, therefore, it is important to leave the environment well ventilated, opening the windows to favor the air circulation.
4. Drink lots of fluids
To prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea, vomiting and fever it is necessary to drink at least 2 liters of water or homemade serum a day, drinking in small sips. In addition, teas, especially ginger and peach without sugar, help to combat nausea more easily and hydrate the body.
5. Eat light meals
Meals should be light and easy to digest to avoid nausea, vomiting and diarrhea, and cooked and grilled foods should be chosen, giving preference to broths, fruits such as boiled apples and bananas, vegetables such as cooked carrots or zucchini or meats white as chicken.
During virosis it is recommended not to consume raw fruits and vegetables and spicy, sweet or fatty foods, as they can worsen symptoms and delay recovery.
6. Using medications
During a virus, it may be necessary to use medicines to stop the symptoms of the virus more quickly, and should be recommended by the doctor according to the symptoms, the main indications being:
- Medicines to fight pain and fever: analgesics and antipyretics, such as Paracetamol, can be taken every 6 hours to reduce headache, body and fever;
- Medicines to combat nausea and vomiting: to stop these symptoms, an antiemetic, such as Metoclopramide, must be taken 15 to 30 minutes before eating, and the dose can be repeated every 8 hours;
- Medicines to combat diarrhea: in these cases, you can take an antidiarrheal, such as Racecadotril, 3 times a day, after the main meals.
In cases of viral infection, the use of antibiotics is not indicated, as it does not treat diseases caused by viruses. Thus, medical guidance is essential to choose the best medicine to treat the virus.
In addition to these drugs, the use of supplements rich in zinc and vitamin C, such as Vitergan and Cebion for example, help to strengthen the immune system, making the body stronger to fight diseases caused by viruses. Also see what to eat to cure the virus more quickly.
Treatment for childhood virus infection
Treatment for viral infection in children or infants is similar to treatment for adults, however, it is important to go to the pediatrician to adjust the treatment. Thus, it is recommended that the child or baby stay at home, not going to the nursery or school so as not to get worse and not contaminate colleagues. In addition, parents should:
- Measure the temperature of the child or baby every 2 hours and, if necessary, give a medicine to lower the fever according to the doctor’s recommendation;
- Encourage the child to drink water or tea every 30 minutes. In the case of babies, it is essential to breastfeed every 2 hours;
- Give the child small amounts of cooked food , such as chicken soup and rice with boiled chicken and apple or banana;
- Wash the hands of the child or baby and family members at least 3 times a day.
These measures generally help the child to improve quickly and regain health and well-being.
When to go to the doctor
It is important to go to the doctor when the symptoms worsen even following all the recommendations, if the person has a fever above 38.5ºC for more than 3 days, cannot eat well, if there is blood in the stool or if he vomits more than 4 times for day.
In such cases, the doctor may indicate that blood tests are done to detect the virus and thus indicate the best treatment to fight the virus more effectively.