To eliminate pimples, it is essential to clean the skin and eat foods such as salmon, sunflower seeds, fruits and vegetables, because they are rich in omega 3, zinc and antioxidants, which are important substances to help reduce inflammation of the skin.
In addition, to control the appearance and treat pimples, it is important to avoid makeup, especially the one that is not oil free, sun exposure and stress, to put sunscreen adapted to the skin type, and not to squeeze the pimples so that the skin does not get not stained or scarred.
In cases where the skin is very oily and with blackheads, which are black dots, the most appropriate is to do a professional skin cleaning with a beautician in the salon or aesthetic clinic.
Treatment for pimples and blackheads
There are several techniques and daily habits that can reduce the appearance and appearance of blackheads and pimples, such as the correct cleaning of the skin, application of specific creams or even the alteration of the diet.
1. Clean your skin properly
In the treatment for pimples and blackheads on the face, one should always start with a good cleaning of the skin, because it is the excess fat that accumulates in the skin that will cause the appearance of pimples. To have a good cleansing on the skin, it is necessary:
- Wash your face daily with a soap suitable for skin with acne;
- Apply an astringent facial tonic that helps to close the pores;
- Apply a drying lotion of pimples on those that are inflamed;
- Perform deep skin cleanings, 1 or 2 times a month;
- Perform a skin exfoliation 1 to 2 times a week. Here’s how to do it ;
- Apply a purifying mask, at least once a week, based on clay, which will absorb excess sebum;
- Apply a mask to eliminate blackheads from the nose, forehead and chin, using colorless gelatin, for example.
Soaps, tonics, lotions and masks can be purchased at the pharmacy or supermarket. However, some home remedies can also be made at home, such as the burdock root solution, for example. Here’s how to make this home remedy for pimples .
2. Applying suitable products on the face
It is very important to moisturize the skin after cleaning, with a specific cream for oily skin that limits the excess production of sebum, which causes new imperfections.
It can also be applied a cream that has components that promote chemical exfoliation throughout the day, in order to smooth the skin and shrink pores, or even with anti-inflammatory action to reduce the appearance of pimples.
It can also be applied locally a product that dries and disguises the pimples, rich in keratolytic, anti-seborrheic and antibacterial agents.
3. Eat a diet to reduce pimples and blackheads
It is necessary to avoid foods derived from milk as they favor the production of sebum by the sebaceous glands, originating the pimples. Invest in the consumption of:
- Fish, chia seeds and nuts rich in omega 3 , which helps control inflammation of sebaceous follicles. Learn more at: Foods to reduce pimples ;
- Oysters and sunflower seeds , which have zinc, are important for reducing inflammation, improving healing and decreasing the secretion of fat by the skin;
- Fruits and vegetables rich in antioxidants , which strengthen the body and help fight skin inflammation;
- Water , important for moisturizing the skin, being advised to drink at least 1.5 liters per day;
When to go to the dermatologist
When these methods do not end the pimples, a specific treatment should be carried out under the guidance of a dermatologist, with products that can be applied to the skin, or even take medications, to be able to control acne, improving self-esteem and the quality of life.
Some examples of products that the dermatologist may recommend against acne are:
- Cleansing lotion to completely remove dirt from the skin;
- Drying gel, which can be in the form of an ointment or cream to fight acne-causing bacteria, such as Epiduo or Azelan ;
- Cream or lotion to lighten the skin spots caused by acne and the act of squeezing the pimples;
- Sunscreen in the form of a cream without oil or gel to protect the skin from the sun and prevent the appearance of dark spots on the skin.
In addition to these products that must be applied daily to the skin to even out the tone, remove oiliness and remove pimples, there are also remedies in the form of pills, such as Isotretinoin, which is indicated for severe acne, when no treatment has proven effective. Learn more about this remedy .
As acne is also caused by hormonal changes, sometimes taking contraceptives like Diane 35, or treating health problems like polycystic ovaries or fibroids, are important in eliminating blackheads and pimples.