To combat the signs of facial aging, eliminating sagging, wrinkles and expression lines, one can resort to the use of anti-wrinkle cream and taking a collagen supplement, from the age of 30.
However, there are several options for aesthetic treatments that increase the oxygenation of the skin, that make the creams penetrate more deeply and that increase the production of collagen, which are the fibers that support the skin. Thus, the main treatments available to remove sagging face are:
1. Make an aesthetic treatment
The treatments that can be performed by the physiotherapist in aesthetic clinics, to improve the texture and firmness of the skin, ending the flaccidity, are:
- Radiofrequency : it is a procedure that uses a small equipment that slides across the face generating heat to stimulate the production of collagen in the skin and improve its tone;
- Carboxitherapy : it is done with the application of small injections containing CO2, to stimulate oxygenation and the elimination of toxins by the skin, making it more rejuvenated and firmer;
- Chemical peeling : it is done with the application of acids on the face, which remove the most superficial and medium layer of the skin, stimulating the production of a new firm and resistant layer, which completely eliminates the spots on the face, acne scars, ridges and lines of expression;
- Mesolift or Mesotherapy: made from multiple microinjections with rejuvenating substances in the skin of the face and neck, such as vitamins A, E, C, B or K and hyaluronic acid, which hydrate and regenerate the skin, reducing sagging;
- Laser or pulsed light : these are procedures done by a device that emit light and heat, as a way to improve skin texture and remove wrinkles, spots and signs;
- Micro needling with Derma Roller : for the stimulation of collagen production, a small device full of micro needles is used that slide across the face, making small holes. The goal is to hurt the skin so that the body itself, when dealing with skin regeneration, forms a new, firmer layer.
- Iontophoresis: It is a treatment that consists of placing a small plate directly on the wrinkle that you want to eliminate containing substances such as hyaluronic acid, hexosamine or alkaline phosphatase, for example to promote the penetration of these substances in a deeper way in order to increase the production of new substances. collagen cells that support the skin, eliminating the wrinkle that is being treated;
- Microcurrent: improves skin nutrition and oxygenation, having a revitalizing effect and also stimulates fibroblasts to produce more collagen in greater quantity and of better quality;
- Russian current: small electrodes placed on the face that lead to increased blood circulation and muscle tone, fighting sagging and wrinkles;
- HeNe Laser: emits beams of light that promote the increase of collagen fibers in the places where it is applied.
These treatments achieve great results, but they must be performed as a form of treatment, always biweekly or monthly, with maintenance periods so that the results can be maintained over time, avoiding the need to resort to other treatments such as Botox or even plastic surgery.
These aesthetic treatments can begin to be carried out as soon as the first wrinkles appear, around 30 – 35 years of age and do not exclude the need to use anti-wrinkle creams and make a diet rich in collagen.
2. Eat more collagen and antioxidants
To eliminate sagging face and other parts of the body, it is important to consume foods rich in amino acids and collagen, found in meats, eggs, milk, grains and citrus fruits, such as orange, lemon, kiwi, tangerine. Collagen can also be supplemented with the consumption of capsules for daily use, bought in health food stores. Learn how to take hydrolyzed collagen , which reaffirms the skin from the inside out.
Antioxidant foods are also very important for skin maintenance. The best antioxidants are present in fruits and vegetables, such as kale, carrots, beets, tomatoes and chia and flaxseeds.
But in addition to this, it is very important to keep the body well hydrated, as water improves circulation, eliminating toxins and swelling, and also renews the skin’s collagen production, being essential for other treatments to have a good effect. Green tea is an excellent option that helps to prevent skin aging, decreasing the chances of flaccidity and can be consumed daily.
3. Facial gymnastics
The muscles of the face are inserted into the skin and so doing facial gymnastics is an excellent way to combat wrinkles, expression lines, and raise eyelids and eyebrows in a natural way. The exercises should be performed in front of the mirror, and the hand can be used as a way to provide more resistance and difficulty for the exercise. This manual resistance can be used alternately, simultaneously or in a diagonal direction, but preferably it should be taught by the physiotherapist, taking into account the individual needs of each person. See some examples of practical and easy facial gymnastics exercises to thin the face and reduce sagging .
4. Facial creams
The best anti-wrinkle creams are based on hyaluronic acid, DMAE, collagen, resveratrol, vitamin C and vitamin E, because they have an antioxidant and firming effect, as they stimulate the formation of collagen and elastin, which give firmness and support to the skin.
These creams are found ready-made in pharmacies or are manipulated with a prescription from a dermatologist or physiotherapist, and can be used to reduce or prevent sagging of the face, when expression lines start to appear. They can be used at night, or during the day, along with a sunscreen suitable for the face.
5. Plastic surgery
As a last resort there is also plastic surgery called facial lifting, which eliminates wrinkles and removes excess fat from the face, giving a more youthful appearance. Learn more about the indications, price and recovery of the facelift . Another plastic surgery option is blepharoplasty, which lifts the eyelids and helps to improve the person’s appearance in a simpler way. However, to maintain the results obtained by plastic surgery, it will be necessary to continue using anti-wrinkle creams, consume hydrolyzed collagen and resort to aesthetic treatments.