Physical and Hormonal Changes in Menopause || 10 tips for dealing with menopause ||
Understand what is Arthrosis || Is osteoarthritis curable? || Shoulder arthrosis: symptoms, treatment, and causes ||
Sleep apnea: what it is, symptoms and main types || 10 sleepy foods || What to eat and what not to eat in Insomnia ||
Benefits of stretching and warming up || How to calm the mind with relaxation techniques || 7 tips to control anxiety and nervousness ||

How to make an alkaline diet

The alkaline diet menu consists of at least 60% alkaline foods, such as fruits, vegetables and tofu, for example, while the remaining 40% of calories can come from acidic foods from acidic foods like eggs, meat or bread. This division can be made through the number of meals, thus, when having 5 meals a day, 2 can be meals with acidic foods and 3 only with alkaline foods.

This diet is great for decreasing the acidity of the blood, helping to balance the body and preventing the onset of diseases such as colds and flu. In addition, it helps to detoxify the body by facilitating weight loss, which is why it is an allied diet for those who want to lose weight.

Food allowed

The foods allowed in the alkaline diet are alkaline foods such as:

  • Fruits  in general, including acidic fruits like lemon, orange and pineapple;
  • Vegetables  and greens in general;
  • Oilseeds : almonds, chestnuts, walnuts, pistachios;
  • Proteins : millet, tofu, tempeh and whey protein;
  • Spices : cinnamon, curry, ginger, herbs in general, chili, sea salt, mustard;
  • Drinks : water, ordinary water, herbal teas, water with lemon, green tea;
  • Others : apple cider vinegar, molasses, fermented foods, such as kefir and kombucha.

Moderately alkaline foods such as honey, rapadura, coconut, ginger, lentils, quinoa, chestnuts and corn are also allowed. See the full list at: Alkaline foods .

Foods to Avoid

Foods that should be consumed in moderation in the alkaline diet are those with the effect of acidifying the body, such as:

  • Vegetables : potatoes, beans, lentils, olives;
  • Grains : buckwheat, rice, corn, oats, wheat, rye, pasta;
  • Oilseeds : peanuts, walnuts, pistachios, peanut butter;
  • Meat in general , chicken, pork, lamb, fish and seafood;
  • Processed meats : ham, sausage, sausage, bologna;
  • Eggs;
  • Milk and dairy products: milk, butter, cheese;
  • Beverages : alcoholic beverages, coffee, soft drinks, wine;
  • Sweets : jellies, ice cream, sugar;

These foods should be avoided or consumed in moderation, always placing alkaline foods together with acidifying foods in the same meal. See a complete list at: Acidic foods .

Alkaline diet menu

The following table shows an example of a 3-day alkaline diet menu:

MealDay 1Day 2Day 3
BreakfastChamomile tea with ginger + 1 slice of whole grain bread with egg and cheese1 glass of almond milk + 1 tapioca with grated coconut1 glass of orange juice + 2 toast with ricotta, oregano and egg
Morning snack1 bowl of fruit salad1 cup of green tea + 10 cashew nuts1 mashed banana + 1 cup of chia tea
Lunch dinner3 col of brown rice soup with broccoli + 1 chicken fillet in tomato sauce + green saladoven-baked fish with potatoes and vegetables, drizzled in olive oil + coleslaw, pineapple and grated carrottuna pasta with pesto sauce + vegetables sautéed in olive oil
Afternoon snack1 natural yogurt smoothie with strawberry and honeylemon juice + 2 slices of bread with cheeseavocado and honey smoothie made with almond milk

Throughout the day it is allowed to drink teas, water and fruit juices without sugar, it is important to avoid the consumption of coffee and soft drinks.

Lemon Broccoli Salad Recipe

Lemon, broccoli and garlic are super alkalizing foods, and this salad can accompany any meal at lunch or dinner.


  • 1 broccoli
  • 3 cloves of garlic
  • 1 lemon 
  • 1 tablespoon of olive oil
  • Salt to taste

Preparation method:

Steam the broccoli for about 5 minutes, putting a pinch of salt on top. Then, chop the garlic and sauté in the oil until golden brown and add the broccoli, leaving for about 3 minutes. Finally, add the lemon juice and stir well so that the broccoli absorbs the flavor.

Alkaline Green Juice Recipe


  • 2 col of avocado soup
  • 1/2 cucumber
  • 1 handful of spinach
  • 1 lemon juice
  • 200 ml of coconut water
  • 1 tablespoon of coconut oil

Preparation method:

Beat all ingredients in a blender and drink without straining.

Responsive Ads Here!
© Copyright 2018-2019 at
For advertising in this website contact us YOUR E-MAIL ID

Theme By Php Mysql