The alkaline diet menu consists of at least 60% alkaline foods, such as fruits, vegetables and tofu, for example, while the remaining 40% of calories can come from acidic foods from acidic foods like eggs, meat or bread. This division can be made through the number of meals, thus, when having 5 meals a day, 2 can be meals with acidic foods and 3 only with alkaline foods.
This diet is great for decreasing the acidity of the blood, helping to balance the body and preventing the onset of diseases such as colds and flu. In addition, it helps to detoxify the body by facilitating weight loss, which is why it is an allied diet for those who want to lose weight.
The foods allowed in the alkaline diet are alkaline foods such as:
- Fruits in general, including acidic fruits like lemon, orange and pineapple;
- Vegetables and greens in general;
- Oilseeds : almonds, chestnuts, walnuts, pistachios;
- Proteins : millet, tofu, tempeh and whey protein;
- Spices : cinnamon, curry, ginger, herbs in general, chili, sea salt, mustard;
- Drinks : water, ordinary water, herbal teas, water with lemon, green tea;
- Others : apple cider vinegar, molasses, fermented foods, such as kefir and kombucha.
Moderately alkaline foods such as honey, rapadura, coconut, ginger, lentils, quinoa, chestnuts and corn are also allowed. See the full list at: Alkaline foods .
Foods to Avoid
Foods that should be consumed in moderation in the alkaline diet are those with the effect of acidifying the body, such as:
- Vegetables : potatoes, beans, lentils, olives;
- Grains : buckwheat, rice, corn, oats, wheat, rye, pasta;
- Oilseeds : peanuts, walnuts, pistachios, peanut butter;
- Meat in general , chicken, pork, lamb, fish and seafood;
- Processed meats : ham, sausage, sausage, bologna;
- Milk and dairy products: milk, butter, cheese;
- Beverages : alcoholic beverages, coffee, soft drinks, wine;
- Sweets : jellies, ice cream, sugar;
These foods should be avoided or consumed in moderation, always placing alkaline foods together with acidifying foods in the same meal. See a complete list at: Acidic foods .
Alkaline diet menu
The following table shows an example of a 3-day alkaline diet menu:
|Meal||Day 1||Day 2||Day 3|
|Breakfast||Chamomile tea with ginger + 1 slice of whole grain bread with egg and cheese||1 glass of almond milk + 1 tapioca with grated coconut||1 glass of orange juice + 2 toast with ricotta, oregano and egg|
|Morning snack||1 bowl of fruit salad||1 cup of green tea + 10 cashew nuts||1 mashed banana + 1 cup of chia tea|
|Lunch dinner||3 col of brown rice soup with broccoli + 1 chicken fillet in tomato sauce + green salad||oven-baked fish with potatoes and vegetables, drizzled in olive oil + coleslaw, pineapple and grated carrot||tuna pasta with pesto sauce + vegetables sautéed in olive oil|
|Afternoon snack||1 natural yogurt smoothie with strawberry and honey||lemon juice + 2 slices of bread with cheese||avocado and honey smoothie made with almond milk|
Throughout the day it is allowed to drink teas, water and fruit juices without sugar, it is important to avoid the consumption of coffee and soft drinks.
Lemon Broccoli Salad Recipe
Lemon, broccoli and garlic are super alkalizing foods, and this salad can accompany any meal at lunch or dinner.
- 1 broccoli
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt to taste
Steam the broccoli for about 5 minutes, putting a pinch of salt on top. Then, chop the garlic and sauté in the oil until golden brown and add the broccoli, leaving for about 3 minutes. Finally, add the lemon juice and stir well so that the broccoli absorbs the flavor.
Alkaline Green Juice Recipe
- 2 col of avocado soup
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 lemon juice
- 200 ml of coconut water
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
Beat all ingredients in a blender and drink without straining.