The main symptom of chicken pox is the appearance of small liquid-filled blisters on the skin that cause intense itching, which can become very uncomfortable.
The liquid present in the bubbles is very contagious and releases chemicals in the skin that cause itching. The more the person itches, the more liquid is released and the greater the urge to scratch, leading to a vicious cycle.
Thus, to relieve the itchiness of chicken pox, it is recommended to go to the doctor to be indicated the use of medicines to relieve symptoms.
How to relieve symptoms
Chickenpox itching lasts about 6 to 10 days and causes a lot of discomfort. Some measures that can be taken to relieve symptoms are:
- Take an antihistamine, such as cetirizine or hydroxyzine, which should be recommended by the doctor, to relieve itching;
- Apply an antiseptic solution whenever you feel the skin itch;
- Apply cold compresses to the affected areas;
- Apply a soothing cream or ointment, preferably without perfume, to relieve itching, which has calamine, menthol or talc in the composition;
- Take a bath with slightly warm water, adding a little oats;
- Wear cotton clothes, preferably.
These cares help to calm the skin, relieving pain and controlling itching and facilitate the healing of chickenpox wounds, however, they do not fight the disease. The fight against chicken pox is done by the body itself, it is important only to control the symptoms and prevent the spread of the disease.
In addition, it is also important to consult the doctor, so that the cure is faster and the person feels better quickly. See other precautions you should take .
How to prevent chicken pox from leaving spots on the skin
The secret to preventing chicken pox from leaving marks on the skin includes the use of sunscreen until 4 months after the chicken pox has been cured because, during this period, melanocytes are still very sensitive and, therefore, any small sun exposure can leave marks dark on the skin.
In addition, it is also important not to scratch the skin and, whenever this need is felt, one of the products indicated above should be ironed.