Peanut butter is an easy way to add calories and good fats to your diet, which makes you gain weight in a healthy way, naturally stimulating muscle growth and increasing immunity.
Ideally, peanut butter should be made only from roasted and ground peanuts, with no added sugars or artificial sweeteners. In addition, there are versions on the market with added whey protein, cocoa or hazelnut, for example, which are also healthy and help to vary the flavor of the diet.
Benefits of peanut butter
Peanut butter can be used for a variety of purposes, being more recently used to assist in the process of gaining muscle mass. Thus, peanut butter stimulates hypertrophy as it has the following properties:
- Be rich in proteins , since peanuts naturally contain a good concentration of this nutrient;
- Being a natural hypercaloric , favoring weight gain in a good way, without stimulating the accumulation of fat;
- Being a source of good fats like omega-3, which strengthens the immune system and reduces inflammation in the body;
- Promote muscle contraction and prevent cramps, as it contains magnesium and potassium;
- Being rich in B vitamins , which improves the functioning of mitochondria, which are parts of the cells responsible for providing energy to the body;
- Prevent muscle damage , as it is rich in antioxidants such as vitamin E and phytosterols.
To obtain these benefits, you should consume at least 1 tablespoon of peanut butter daily, which can be used as a filling in breads or added to vitamins, whole-grain cookie recipes, cake toppings or over chopped fruit in a quick snack. . See also all the benefits of peanuts .
How to make peanut butter
To make the traditional peanut butter, just put 1 cup of roasted skinless peanuts in the processor or blender and beat until it forms a creamy paste, which should be stored in a container with a lid in the refrigerator.
In addition, it is possible to make the paste more salty or sweeter according to taste, and it can be salted with a little salt, or sweetened with a little honey, for example.
This paste can be consumed with fruits, toast or even vitamins, and can help in the process of gaining muscle mass. Know some snack options to gain muscle mass.
Protein Vitamin with Peanut Butter
The vitamin with peanut butter is a high-calorie mixture that can be consumed in a snack or post-workout, for example.
- 200 ml of whole milk;
- 1 banana;
- 6 strawberries;
- 2 tablespoons of oats;
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter;
- 1 measure of whey protein.
Beat all ingredients in a blender and take ice cream.
Peanut Butter Nutritional Information
The following table provides the nutritional information for 100 g of whole peanut butter, with no added sugar or other ingredients.
|Whole Peanut Butter|
|Folic acid||160 mg|
A tablespoon of peanut butter weighs about 15g, it is important to note the presence of sugar in the list of ingredients on the product label, avoiding buying the pastes that contain added sugar to improve its taste.
To increase your training results and promote hypertrophy, see other foods that help you gain muscle mass .